Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 8

Day 8: July 15, 2010
Carpenteria, CA to Riverside, CA (our final destination:))

Leaving our fabulous best western...NOT! hey the pool was even closed for the exact dates we were there.




One of our favorite ideas...the rolling carts. it's so nice to only make one trip. And this time we added Isaac.

Other favorite ideas we have come up with is having a pacifier in the front seat and in the carseat, because Natalie loves to lose her paci on the freeway and it stinks to have to look for it.

another favorite idea is to use hotwire for all our hotels and "day of" reservations have given us the best deals.

another favorite...i bagged all of isaac's clothes by day, so I only had to get one set of clothes when checking into the hotel... that had shorts, shirts, socks and pj's. I had his swimwear in a bag too. I did this all the way until riverside where i could do laundry. Natalie- I arranged her clothes by style, onesies, sleepers, outifits, blankets. I would just grab from the car and fill the diaper bag for a few days.

another favorite idea...when isaac says he wants to watch nemo, don't put in mr. incredible because he will just scream and whine until finding nemo is in and it's alot better for the whole family when isaac is a happy camper!

We arrived to Riverside at my Aunt Judy's house at around 130 pm. Visited the bride (my cousin Jennifer) and met her bridesmaids. We decided to not go to rehearsal dinner (2 year old at a winery, nah!) we jumped in the pool and enjoyed a great evening in a 4000+ sq foot house. Practically a mansion, compared to our previous nights.

1 comment:

Aunt Judy said...

We miss you guys, when are you coming back? I think Peanut missed Isaac also, she was running around all weird today. A good time was had by all, we really enjoyed having you guys here, come again soon.