Saturday, January 22, 2011

Best day Ever!

Okay maybe top 10 best day contender...

My mom came down last night and we had a great evening, dinner, bathtime, kids in bed...wine...american idol on dvr...Chad late night run to dairy queen...with Anne, because Grammie could stay at the house. That hasn't happened for 2.75 years! so fun.

Then Poppa showed up at breakfast to start a fabulous day. First, Poppa and Grammie took Isaac to Petco to get dog food for Gracie (dad forgot it at home...oops!) and to get a frog for the fishtank. So sad that, "Ribbit" went "bye-bye" a few weeks ago (the petco guy didn't allow my parents to get a new frog if it wasn't a heated tank, oh well). And went to get new shoes for Poppa and Isaac. He has had the same shoes since Dan's wedding in June and has been complaining his feet hurt. He is in size 9 now!

On the way back home they drove by the airport and looked at the planes (something i have never thought of doing?) and a flight instructor saw them and invited them to look at 2 planes. Isaac got to get inside and put on the headset. My mom has pics on her phone. Such an awesome experience for the little man.

Chad I decided to skedaddle to a movie while the kiddos ate lunch and slept. And we saw true grit. I LOVED it. It may have been that I was sleep deprived from working 3 12 hour night shifts, but I cried and just thought it was so wonderfully told, the ending wasn't fabulous, but anyways....

Came home and kids up from nap and out for a walk in our loaner stroller to the new park above our house. 10 minute walk straight uphill but so worth it.
Then home and packed up kids to go out to La Hacienda and dinner was wonderful. It's amazing we are able to take our 2 kids our to a restaurant. We are blessed.

Storytime, Bedtime, Blazer time, showed mom and dad Portlandia and then facebook time and blogtime...

I told you it was good.

Pics out of order but who cares.






























I think my mom behind is hilarious!






No comments: